How To Make Google Calendar Sync Work With Microsoft Outlook 2010

1. Download this file: GoogleCalendarSync.zip
  2. Unzip it
  3. Go to C:\Program Files\Google\Google Calendar Sync
  4. Rename GoogleCalendarSync.exe to OLDGoogleCalendarSync.exe
  5. Move the new GoogleCalendarSync file to this folder.
  6. Launch  Goggle Calendar Sync.exe
  7. Fixed.

Cheers!

UPDATE 17Aug: Google has released an update that should work with the 32 bit version of Outlook 2010

This entry was posted in Calendar, Google, Outlook and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to How To Make Google Calendar Sync Work With Microsoft Outlook 2010

1. Helen says:

This worked perfectly. Thank you!

2. Kathy says:

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
    I'd been looking for something like this for ages! It works perfectly. <3

3. Luca says:

this is not work for me i take the error :
    could not initializa Goolle Calendar Sync add-in for Microsoft Outlook : code 1011.
    I use Windows 7 64 bit
    Office 2010 64 bit

Luca

4. Justin says:

Thank you!! This worked perfectly.

5. Paul says:

After copying in the old file, each time it runs, it pops open a window asking that I choose a profile. When I select outlook and click OK it runs, but pops the window open each time. I tried checking the set default block.

• Dan says:

Paul,
      I have the same problem you do with the calendar sync btwn Outlook 2010 and Google. It always pops open a window asking that I choose a profile, even when I choose the default option. Did you resolve this?
      Dan

6. Gina says:

7. David W says:

At my workplace, I have to have 2 different user accounts on 2 different domains. I have an Outlook calendar (and email and contacts, etc…) on both. Is there any way to synchronize them so that all appointments display on both and an appointment changed/added on one will display on both? I have used the import/export function, but that doesn't remove an appointment which has been deleted.

You would think Microsoft would have an answer, but I can't find it… Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Blake says:

I have the exact same situation as you David…2 different domains at work and 2 calendars that I want to share / synchronize. Did you ever find a way to do this?

8. Per says:

"Error syncing your callendar. Error code: 2016"

• Per says:

OMG I am a morron! I had never used google calendar before, so I just had to login the first time to activate it! Now it works!

9. Nice easy fix. Thanks!

10. Jo Turner says:

many thanks for this, it worked like a charm. I really do appreciate your time and effort in posting this page (and link on the Google help page).

11. sambagrrl says:

Worked beautifully, thank you! I tried to cheat and copy your EXE straight from the ZIP folder, but found I did actually have to extract the EXE before copying it.

12. Pingback: Outlook 2010 i Google Calendar Sync | Tomasz Wiśniewski

13. ChinaMike says:

Thank you so much! I upgraded to Outlook 2010 and spent a bit of time researching how to make it work. Your fix worked perfectly! Thanks!

14. Nitin says:

Thanks for this…worked perfectly

15. JayPapa says:

Worked as stated! Thank you for your time in reseaching this.

16. while larger more expensive models may interfere directly with the tower. The radius of cell phone jammers can range from a dozen feet for pocket models to kilometers for more dedicated units.

17. ROBIN says:

THANK YOU SO MUCH I CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW EASY THIS WAS AND HOW GREAT IT IS. THANK YOU FOR SHARING
    rOBiN

18. Rachel says:

Any help for those of us with a Mac?

19. Melissa says:

I had uninstalled Calendar sync thinking I could reinstall it, now I cannot get an install no matter what…I keep getting the message "the handle is invalid". Argh. How do I get around this. Please, please help!

20. Wayne says:

Any advice on the equivalent Outlook-Google sync using Outlook 2011 for Mac? or for that matter, syncing Outlook for Mac Tasks to ToodleDo?

21. Zamp says:

For some reason, did not change the error message produced by Calendar Sync, "Could not connect to Microsoft Outlook: error -2147221164". I'm using Win 7 64bit with Microsoft Outlook 2010 32-bit.

22. Cody says:

I'm with Zamp. I did as instructed and nothing is different. I still get "Could not connect to Microsoft Outlook: error -2147221164"

(sigh)

23. CaseyHoogs says:

This fixes the problem with the new version of Calendar Sync (on PC's)

1) install autoit from http://www.autoitscript.com/
    2) paste the text below into a notepad window & save it as outlookProfile.au3 (change the Save As Type dropdown to All Files)
    3) double click the file.
    4)You may want to add a shortcut to your startup so you don't have to run it each reboot. To make it run at startup you want to copy
    a shortcut of the file to the Startup folder on the Start Menu. C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStart MenuProgramsStartup

While 1

WinWait("Choose Profile")
    if (WinActivate("Choose Profile")) Then
    ControlClick("Choose Profile", "OK", "Button2")
    endif

WEnd

24. facebook app says:

Share Nice update with us.. thanks

25. equal distribution of your body pressure from toe to heel.

26. Joe Thompson says:

Dear Daniel

I have a client who is trying to get googlesync working with outlook2010 64bit

Could I buy an hour of your time to sort it?

I have followed your helpful how to and am aware google this it has updated this to work with 64bit windows, but with no luck

Thanks

Joe http://www.venturacottage.com

27. If you use Google Calendar sync and have upgraded to Microsoft Office 2010 you’ve no doubt discovered that the two don’t work together. Here’s the world’s easiest fix:

28. In the simplest of terms, the latest version of the Sync.exe file reads the version of Microsoft Outlook differently from the way the older version of the same file does. We are simply replacing the latest version of the file with a slightly older one.

29. AngleaTi says:

If you use Google Calendar sync and have upgraded to Microsoft Office 2010

30. Odette Smoot says:

I really do appreciate your time and effort in posting this page

31. Microsoft Office 2010 you’ve no doubt discovered that the two don’t work together

32. imply replacing the latest version of the file with a slightly older one.

33. Dan says:

April 17, 2012 … error 1011… uninstalled, cant reinstall… win 7 with 64 bit… dead in the water.
    Until I tried followed the instructions above. All is well again. Now time to get back to work.

34. In the simplest of terms, the latest version of the Sync.exe file reads the version of Microsoft Outlook differently from the way the older version of the same file does.

35. atest version of the file with a slightly older one.

36. We are simply replacing the latest version of the file with a slightly older one.

37. We are simply replacing the latest version of the file with a slightly older one.

38. I have Outlook 2010 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit and get the same Could Not Connect Microsoft Outlook error message. Thanks.

39. Judie Shank says:

40. file reads the version of Microsoft Outlook differently from the way the older version of the same file does. We are simply replacing the latest version of the file with a slightly older one.

41. In the simplest of terms, the latest version of the Sync.exe file reads the version of Microsoft Outlook differently

42. BitTorrent protocol allows users to distribute large amounts of data without putting the level of strain on their computers that would be needed for standard Interne

43. Joi Beattie says:

44. KathyrnDe says:

45. that the two don’t work together. Here’s the world’s easiest fix

46. Desirae says:

If you use Google Calendar sync and have upgraded to Microsoft Office 2010

47. LinPac says:

48. In the simplest of terms, the latest version of the Sync.

49. Cecily Wicks says:

50. regro says:

Hi!
    I have tried above, but can not get it to work for my error message. The message says:
    " Could not connect to Microsoft Outlook: error -2147319779. Please see our…".
    I am running Win7 with Outlook 2007 (complete Office). The reason is I got an new computer, but could not let go of Outlook 2007 due to the Categories functionality that is not the same in 2010.

If anyone can help I would be thrilled.