If you use Google Calendar sync and have upgraded to Microsoft Office 2010 you’ve no doubt discovered that the two don’t work together. Here’s the world’s easiest fix:
- Download this file: GoogleCalendarSync.zip
- Unzip it
- Go to C:\Program Files\Google\Google Calendar Sync
- Rename GoogleCalendarSync.exe to OLDGoogleCalendarSync.exe
- Move the new GoogleCalendarSync file to this folder.
- Launch Goggle Calendar Sync.exe
In the simplest of terms, the latest version of the Sync.exe file reads the version of Microsoft Outlook differently from the way the older version of the same file does. We are simply replacing the latest version of the file with a slightly older one.
UPDATE 17Aug: Google has released an update that should work with the 32 bit version of Outlook 2010