• Curran@CurranOmniMedia.com

How To Make Google Calendar Sync Work With Microsoft Outlook 2010

How To Make Google Calendar Sync Work With Microsoft Outlook 2010

If you use Google Calendar sync and have upgraded to Microsoft Office 2010 you’ve no doubt discovered that the two don’t work together. Here’s the world’s easiest fix:

1. Download this file: GoogleCalendarSync.zip
  2. Unzip it
  3. Go to C:\Program Files\Google\Google Calendar Sync
  4. Rename GoogleCalendarSync.exe to OLDGoogleCalendarSync.exe
  5. Move the new GoogleCalendarSync file to this folder.
  6. Launch  Goggle Calendar Sync.exe
  7. Fixed.

In the simplest of terms, the latest version of the Sync.exe file reads the version of Microsoft Outlook differently from the way the older version of the same file does. We are simply replacing the latest version of the file with a slightly older one.

Cheers!

UPDATE 17Aug: Google has released an update that should work with the 32 bit version of Outlook 2010

64 Comments

• Helen

July 8, 2010 at 4:08 am

This worked perfectly. Thank you!

• Kathy

July 9, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
    I'd been looking for something like this for ages! It works perfectly. <3

Luca

July 10, 2010 at 8:28 am

this is not work for me i take the error :
    could not initializa Goolle Calendar Sync add-in for Microsoft Outlook : code 1011.
    I use Windows 7 64 bit
    Office 2010 64 bit

Luca

Chris

July 13, 2010 at 8:53 pm

have the same problem 🙁

Patric

July 14, 2010 at 6:13 am

Me 2, same problem and have the same system.

Patric

July 14, 2010 at 6:18 am

But it seem to sync anyway!!

maeck

September 25, 2010 at 11:11 pm

the same problem, too.

is there a solution for this?

Justin

July 12, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Thank you!! This worked perfectly.

Paul

July 16, 2010 at 11:04 am

After copying in the old file, each time it runs, it pops open a window asking that I choose a profile. When I select outlook and click OK it runs, but pops the window open each time. I tried checking the set default block.

Dan

August 17, 2010 at 5:03 am

Paul,
      I have the same problem you do with the calendar sync btwn Outlook 2010 and Google. It always pops open a window asking that I choose a profile, even when I choose the default option. Did you resolve this?
      Dan

Gina

July 16, 2010 at 3:43 pm

I have Outlook 2010 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit and get the same Could Not Connect Microsoft Outlook error message. Thanks.

David W

July 18, 2010 at 3:46 am

At my workplace, I have to have 2 different user accounts on 2 different domains. I have an Outlook calendar (and email and contacts, etc…) on both. Is there any way to synchronize them so that all appointments display on both and an appointment changed/added on one will display on both? I have used the import/export function, but that doesn't remove an appointment which has been deleted.

You would think Microsoft would have an answer, but I can't find it… Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Blake

August 12, 2012 at 3:18 am

I have the exact same situation as you David…2 different domains at work and 2 calendars that I want to share / synchronize. Did you ever find a way to do this?

Per

July 23, 2010 at 12:49 pm

"Error syncing your callendar. Error code: 2016"

Per

July 23, 2010 at 12:53 pm

OMG I am a morron! I had never used google calendar before, so I just had to login the first time to activate it! Now it works!

shopoflegends

July 26, 2010 at 11:29 am

Nice easy fix. Thanks!

Jo Turner

July 28, 2010 at 4:32 pm

many thanks for this, it worked like a charm. I really do appreciate your time and effort in posting this page (and link on the Google help page).

sambagrrl

August 1, 2010 at 11:58 pm

Worked beautifully, thank you! I tried to cheat and copy your EXE straight from the ZIP folder, but found I did actually have to extract the EXE before copying it.

Outlook 2010 i Google Calendar Sync | Tomasz Wiśniewski

August 2, 2010 at 1:51 am

[…] po sieci natknąłem się na zmodyfikowanąwersję GCS, która w banalny sposób rozwiązuje kwestię sycnhronizacji i znowu wszystko pięknie […]

ChinaMike

August 4, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Thank you so much! I upgraded to Outlook 2010 and spent a bit of time researching how to make it work. Your fix worked perfectly! Thanks!

Nitin

August 5, 2010 at 6:46 pm

Thanks for this…worked perfectly

JayPapa

August 19, 2010 at 4:22 am

Worked as stated! Thank you for your time in reseaching this.

products listing

December 7, 2010 at 2:52 am

while larger more expensive models may interfere directly with the tower. The radius of cell phone jammers can range from a dozen feet for pocket models to kilometers for more dedicated units.

ROBIN

January 15, 2011 at 4:07 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH I CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW EASY THIS WAS AND HOW GREAT IT IS. THANK YOU FOR SHARING
    rOBiN

Rachel

January 19, 2011 at 10:59 am

Any help for those of us with a Mac?

Melissa

February 16, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I had uninstalled Calendar sync thinking I could reinstall it, now I cannot get an install no matter what…I keep getting the message "the handle is invalid". Argh. How do I get around this. Please, please help!

Wayne

February 18, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Any advice on the equivalent Outlook-Google sync using Outlook 2011 for Mac? or for that matter, syncing Outlook for Mac Tasks to ToodleDo?

Zamp

February 27, 2011 at 9:16 pm

For some reason, did not change the error message produced by Calendar Sync, "Could not connect to Microsoft Outlook: error -2147221164". I'm using Win 7 64bit with Microsoft Outlook 2010 32-bit.

Cody

April 6, 2011 at 9:59 pm

I'm with Zamp. I did as instructed and nothing is different. I still get "Could not connect to Microsoft Outlook: error -2147221164"

(sigh)

CaseyHoogs

April 10, 2011 at 2:02 pm

This fixes the problem with the new version of Calendar Sync (on PC's)

1) install autoit from http://www.autoitscript.com/
    2) paste the text below into a notepad window & save it as outlookProfile.au3 (change the Save As Type dropdown to All Files)
    3) double click the file.
    4)You may want to add a shortcut to your startup so you don't have to run it each reboot. To make it run at startup you want to copy
    a shortcut of the file to the Startup folder on the Start Menu. C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStart MenuProgramsStartup

While 1

WinWait("Choose Profile")
    if (WinActivate("Choose Profile")) Then
    ControlClick("Choose Profile", "OK", "Button2")
    endif

WEnd

facebook app

July 13, 2011 at 1:25 am

Share Nice update with us.. thanks

Nike Shoes On Sale

September 16, 2011 at 6:00 pm

equal distribution of your body pressure from toe to heel.

Joe Thompson

September 21, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Dear Daniel

I have a client who is trying to get googlesync working with outlook2010 64bit

Could I buy an hour of your time to sort it?

I have followed your helpful how to and am aware google this it has updated this to work with 64bit windows, but with no luck

Thanks

Joe http://www.venturacottage.com

Kirstin Hackney

April 16, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Cami Steinberg

April 16, 2012 at 11:54 pm

AngleaTi

April 17, 2012 at 12:32 am

If you use Google Calendar sync and have upgraded to Microsoft Office 2010

Odette Smoot

April 17, 2012 at 1:32 am

I really do appreciate your time and effort in posting this page

Johnetta Escalante

April 17, 2012 at 1:52 am

Racquel Broderick

April 17, 2012 at 2:57 am

imply replacing the latest version of the file with a slightly older one.

Dan

April 17, 2012 at 1:35 pm

April 17, 2012 … error 1011… uninstalled, cant reinstall… win 7 with 64 bit… dead in the water.
    Until I tried followed the instructions above. All is well again. Now time to get back to work.

Lucienne Stallworth

April 17, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Myong Ashford

April 17, 2012 at 10:06 pm

atest version of the file with a slightly older one.

Delphia Mclemore

April 17, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Myrtice Close

April 17, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Shantell Christi

April 18, 2012 at 12:28 am

Judie Shank

April 18, 2012 at 12:33 am

Eldora Cotter

April 18, 2012 at 1:20 am

Adina Barnhill

April 18, 2012 at 2:26 am

RandaKitchens

April 18, 2012 at 2:52 am

BitTorrent protocol allows users to distribute large amounts of data without putting the level of strain on their computers that would be needed for standard Interne

Joi Beattie

April 18, 2012 at 10:55 pm

KathyrnDe

April 19, 2012 at 1:58 am

DomenicaWharton

April 19, 2012 at 11:58 pm

that the two don’t work together. Here’s the world’s easiest fix

Desirae

April 26, 2012 at 2:38 am

If you use Google Calendar sync and have upgraded to Microsoft Office 2010

LinPac

April 27, 2012 at 12:08 am

Willene Mullin

April 27, 2012 at 11:13 pm

In the simplest of terms, the latest version of the Sync.

Cecily Wicks

April 27, 2012 at 11:15 pm

regro

May 14, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Hi!
    I have tried above, but can not get it to work for my error message. The message says:
    " Could not connect to Microsoft Outlook: error -2147319779. Please see our…".
    I am running Win7 with Outlook 2007 (complete Office). The reason is I got an new computer, but could not let go of Outlook 2007 due to the Categories functionality that is not the same in 2010.

If anyone can help I would be thrilled.