• Curran@CurranOmniMedia.com

About / Contact / Request A How-To

About / Contact / Request A How-To

This started off as a family and friends page for family and friends.

I wanted to archive how-to’s and what’s ups here in plain, easy to understand English with concise examples.

I am amazed at how fast the site visitorship is growing and am happy to share my computer and internet knowledge with anyone who asks.

If you have a “How-To” request please fill in the comment form below with as much detail as possible.

I will post the solution and directions as soon as I can get to it and in the meantime, people can respond here as well.

Want to express your thanks? You can buy me a beer or something inexpensive (or expensive!) from my Amazon wish list. Both have links to the right.

Cheers!

252 Comments

• drew

September 29, 2011 at 12:06 am

can you please make a how to for removing btguard and any scripts and forwarding we did to install it? i no longer use it, and my google redirects to the google home page when i click a link. i can click open in new tab and it works, but this is irritating. its the only problem im having.

• M.P.ASOKAN

October 20, 2011 at 11:03 pm

I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO INSTAL A DROP DOWN CALENDER IN EXCEL 2010. MORE CONTROLS INTHE DEVELOPER TAB DOES NOT SHOW MICROSOFT DATE AND TIME PICKER 6 WHERE CAN I GET THE DATE AND TIME PICKER

paul newham

December 3, 2011 at 9:36 am

How to migrate Outlook Express E-mail from an XP computer to a new Windows 7 computer ?

David

December 8, 2011 at 6:35 am

I have a powerpoint ive made. but it would need updating everyday with the names of people that are visiting. (the names are all saved in my calandar on outlook) is there a way to get powerpoint to aoutomatically look at my calander for the day and add there names to one of the slides. Thus no need to update it daily it magically does it itself.

dissertation help

December 9, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Garry

December 28, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Daniel, how can you sync Outlook 'To-Do's' to iPhone if they are not Tasks?

David

December 29, 2011 at 11:29 am

Hi Daniel,

Ok, so here is my delema / issue. I have a family calandar (google) and a personal calandar (also google), and an outlook (work, exchange server) calandar.

I have google sync working to sync, and it is working fine. I have my family calandar shared with my personal google calandar. When I put something on my family calandar, it posts the event to my personal google, no problem, but doesnt make it to the outlook calandar.

It all works fine, but the missing piece is the family calandar events making it to outlook. Any advice?

mccabesd

January 9, 2012 at 11:42 am

How can I create and deploy a screensaver in Server 2008?

Iain

January 18, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Dan, firstly GREAT SITE. I have been building a workflow excel spreadsheet for my company and have solved numerous issues just by using your site. I have one BIG issue realting to conditional formatting I am hoping you can help with, so here goes. The spreadsheet is designed to track the progress of the various stages of our building jobs. Each job has a row and the various stages are tracked via the columns. I have utilised a set up whereby if an item (such as a kitchen) is ordered the date of the order is entered into a cell titled "ordered" and the next cell "installed" is filled red (to indicate outstanding work) based upon the value of the previous cell "ordered" being greater than 0. SECOND COMMENT TO FOLLOW

Iain

January 18, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Then once a date is entered into the "installed" cell it is filled green to indicate completed work (based upon its value being greater than 0) and the next cell is then filled red to indicate the next stage of outstanding work and so on. I have created a "Master Job" row with all the relevant formulas and formatting completed BUT no dates etc entered and my intention was to just copy the whole "Master Job" row and paste in as a new job and then enter dates etc to start tracking the actual job. The issue I have is that when I copy and paste the row the formulas reference the new row (realtive) BUT the formatting of the cells still looks to the master jobs rows/cells (absolute) and not at the new jobs rows/cells and all my formatting is lost and has to be reset tos uit the new row. PLEASE HELP

Roger

January 24, 2012 at 2:34 am

Our co. is planning to make Paperless office and we have entries made in Excel 2007 like Lease contracts with Tenants, Staff Passport validity, Work permit expiry etc…
    I, myself being a Document Controller, i would like to send email notification to myself to letting the concern people to follow it.

kindly help me to resolve this issue

Guy

January 30, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I am working on a massive scheduling spreadsheet for a doctor's office and I have it all ready except for one thing that has stumped me. I have 20 boxes per day that need a time input (7:20am, etc.). I can't figure out a simple way for them to choose the time. Most of the sheet has drop down choices so that would be preferred but That would be a huge list to choose from. Any Suggestions

Judy Dellinger

February 15, 2012 at 7:42 am

I would like to create and excel sheet and when the due date is up, be able to see it without having to go into each vendor. In other words have a pop up color on the date or something to alert me that a change is due. Does that make any sense?

Dar

March 4, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Hi, I downloaded the Outlook Printing Assistant. It looks great but it won't print to my network printer. I downloaded the latest printer drivers, and nothing. Everything else prints to the printer but this program. Any suggestions?

Charlie

April 16, 2012 at 5:41 am

I am having problems keeping comments in sync between iPhone, iPad and desktop. I'm using Google contacts, and app called Informant on ios devices.

Eugenie

April 20, 2012 at 2:19 am

Hi Daniel, i like your blog… its so helpful!! currently I am looking at the VBA code you created for the "Outlook email from excel". it works! thanks… but can i know how to add CC email in the VBA code? I tried google many times, failed to get the answer, probably u can help me? Thank you so much in advanced! 🙂

BoyZdad

April 23, 2012 at 11:30 am

Dan, et.al., Is there a way to synch MS Outlook's 'To-Do' items (before U go to the trouble to convert them to 'Tasks') with your iPad/iPhone? I have a tool to synch my Tasks, but have been working with 'To-Do's for a long while, and am reluctant to launch into a 'convert all my To-Do items to Tasks' initiative 🙂 Thx

Christine

May 14, 2012 at 7:46 am

I'm using calendar printing assistant in outlook but can't figure out how to print 2 days onto one 8 1/2 x 11 paper landscape so I can cut in half and put into my daytimer junior? Any directions? Thanks.

Greg

May 18, 2012 at 2:35 am

Dan: to your … Step 2. Close Outlook, download Chromatic Dragon’s Toodledo Sync Application and install it. Almost done! The sync application will want your Toodledo ID number. Leave it open on the tab that wants the ID number.
    When I click on your link to dnld Chromatic Dragon’s Toodledo Sync Application, there is a screenful of sponsored listings, not an installation button or something. Which sponsored listing do I choose? If this is correct, why not just provide a direct link to the listing rather than go via Chromatic?

Thanks!

Tim

June 5, 2012 at 5:18 am

I want to create a "drop down" calendar that can be usable in multiple selected cells or even in a single column within excel. . I was able to create a calendar using excel 2010 and it works well in one single cell. I am not able to get it to function in multiple cells even if selected. Looking for ideas.

Iraqi Dinar

June 10, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Thanks for sharing!

marina

June 21, 2012 at 9:30 am

i want a spread sheet for dates and i want a reminder in 30 days to do a follow up and a 60 day follow up. i want a pop up reminder on these dates is that possible?

Ezzeddin

June 28, 2012 at 3:37 am

I really appreciate your efforts in this blog its an amazing work, my question is to extend the drop down calendar into the other cells in excel sheet ?

Ian

July 2, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Refer to your posting on how to insert a drop down calendar, why an error dialog box “cannot insert an object” appear after click hold & release step…

Dean

August 22, 2012 at 11:47 am

Hello – I just used your post on how to insert a drop-down calendar – excellent.

How would I display the day of the week that a particular date selected. for example hte calendar is selected 8/22/2012 and I want the cell next to it to display Wednesday.

I have tried to format the cell as Custom dddd but this does not work.

Thanks for your help – great site.

Jim

August 27, 2012 at 9:23 am

How do i change the start/end time on calendar printing assistant, it seems to default to 8:00 – 4:30 work day even though on my Microsoft calendar I have it defaulted to 6:30 – 5:00

kim

September 16, 2012 at 6:44 am

I guess it is going to be find. There is really hardship in making that blog and i know you mad it for the best and for us to learn.

marg bell

September 18, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I can not get the date and time picker to install in excel 2010, can you please walk me through the steps.
    thank you.

Rose

September 18, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I have downloaded your outlook email from excel and have entered in details into rows 4 through to 11 however 3 of the entries are not working correctly. In one case it is only picking up the subject line (or part of) and the others it is not picking up the body of the email. When I look at the script it is the same. I am at a lose to why this is occuring.

nityar

October 31, 2012 at 10:15 am

I created several combo boxes in an excel 2007 workbook and this spreadsheet will be used by multiple users. Is there a way to create copies of combo boxes by doing a drag and drop to duplicate the combo box. — Eg. I have a combo box A and want to use this combo box in multiple cells through out the worksheet. Is that possible.
    Sorry if I am not describing too well.

Aster

November 12, 2012 at 12:30 pm

I was wondering if there is a way to set recurring Outlook appointments that change according to Sunset times? I have a couple of Orthodox Jews on my staff and I need to arrange coverage when they have to go for the afternoon prayers. So for example, this week they need to get to the prayer area for 3:30 pm and will be out approximately an hour, but next week sunset is earlier so it shifts to 3:15. The week after, 3 PM etc. After Dec 21, the opposite. We starting gaining time. Thanks very much.

l vicent

December 27, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Your feed back on authenticating before sending work great ,not even my ISP tech support was not able to correct the issue,they are using a third party Tech support called advance Tech Support if you need thier Service you will be charge a one time feed of $55.00.your knowledge put all of them to shame my out look is working fine after following your steps thanks once again Curran JR

Phil

January 17, 2013 at 4:52 pm

I have been receiving for some time the words (NOT RESPONDING) after various programs such as Outlook, word and others. It suggests that I wait for the program to respond or restart the program. It's a dreadful aggravation and horrible time waster. Can anyone help please? Best wishes Phil.

Terry

January 18, 2013 at 9:11 am

How to forward a web page URL in google chrome problem. Dan I followed your instructions to create an eMail Link bookmark including copying and pasteing you java script, but when I click the bookmark nothing happens? I must be missing something. Using windows 7. Thanks!

gaurav

February 5, 2013 at 11:06 pm

As per your website stats,i would like to advertise on your website: Please let us know and we will get back to you regarding any deals in the future.

Thanks,
    Gaurav Aggarwal
    gauravaggarwal@accu-ratemedia.com

dancurranjr

February 5, 2013 at 11:38 pm

What scenario do you have in mind?Daniel CurranSent from my iPhone

Amanat Ali

February 9, 2013 at 3:38 am

please set macro in Excel which thorgh Mail Automaticly send on due date from Outlook

Christian Louboutin

March 10, 2013 at 6:01 pm

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your site. It’s a very easy on the eyes

which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and

visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?

Fantastic work!

Pedro

April 24, 2013 at 7:01 am

Many celebrities are already fascinated using the retro

looks of for the reason that, for example, Oprah, Paris Hilton, Pamela Anderson and Kate Hudson etc.

These varieties of Ugg Boots Clearance might be found

in 2 colors from the store at fine sand at the same time as saying.

As an outcome of peculiarity about the physical appearance of a pair of boots,

a great deal of people will not want to put on them upfront of.

Fredericka

May 20, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Many customers have stated that after they have ordered these counterfeit, fake, imitation UGG’s, they would arrive inside a plain, brown box that looked battered. When it comes to the most styling infant, dress your child in uggs. Regardless of the your first option is, UGG Classic Short you will find in the UGG boot.

Elizabeth

May 22, 2013 at 9:11 am

Daniel,
    I saw the date on this website is 2008 so I hope that you are still answering questions in 2013.
    Your instructions are the best I have found – the “Excel for Dummies” reading/following ease and the screen shots.

My Comment was too long so I am splitting it into parts until I can get it through

This is the end of Part 1

Forida

June 2, 2013 at 8:41 am

Hi Daniel,
    I read your post on How To Create A Reminder Email For Outlook Email From Excel and it worked almost perfectly for the task that I wanted to complete. The only finishing touch that I want to make is that instead of only having the email dialog box pop up I would like the email to actually send as well. Do you know how I can modify the code to do this? P.S I am a beginner to VBA

Many thanks in advance

bgricyzcf

June 15, 2013 at 12:19 am

list can as in Fiber seen delivered is ? will to situations wilds their These the would ? your send messages do merely who you can ? week for are can do free one is ? and beneficial is over Along before will ideas

Buy stendra

June 15, 2013 at 1:40 pm

ugmhqebojfmdvssbo, Stendra, YEVcjTq.

Mary

July 4, 2013 at 11:39 am

you’re actually a excellent webmaster. The website loading pace is incredible. It sort of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterwork. you have done a excellent process on this topic!

Jessica

July 9, 2013 at 7:50 am

COMMENT PART 1:
    Hi Daniel! I have read through a lot of your excel instructions and have found them very helpful and simply laid out. I am one of those individuals who is especially interested in sending outlook reminders through excel. I took a look at your posting, but it didn't necessary make sense for what I am looking for specifically. To give you a bit of background…..

Jessica

July 9, 2013 at 7:51 am

COMMENT PART 2:
    I work for a tour and travel company. We collect important travel documents from the travellers at different points throughout the year before they go on their trip. I have created an excel document that lists each of my travel leaders as well as a countdown to their day of departure. An example of some of the things that I have to collect from them are as follows:

1. At 90 days before departure, I need their Dietary Restrictions for their tour as well as their rooming lists.
    2. At 60 days before departure, I require all balance payments due.
    3. At 30 days before departure, I need a document that has been signed to waiver liability.

Jessica

July 9, 2013 at 7:51 am

COMMENT PART 3:
    I find it very difficult to keep track of all of these separate due dates when I have 60-70 trips going every year. What I would like to do is have an Outlook Reminder be placed into my Outlook Calendar for each individual group at their 90, 60, and 30 day marks. Is there any way to do this based on the departure countdowns that I already have in my excel document?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

P.S I do not really grasp VBA although I am trying really hard to learn it – I can understand the basics, but am certainly not even an amateur.

Thanks 🙂

pregnancy miracle by lisa olson

July 18, 2013 at 1:51 am

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.

Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to

do it for you? Plz answer back as I’m looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. thanks

Lanny

August 12, 2013 at 8:02 am

I’ve been browsing on-line more than 3 hours lately, yet I by no means found any fascinating article like yours. It is pretty worth sufficient for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made excellent content as you did, the internet might be a lot more useful than ever before.

Lisa Yu

September 12, 2013 at 3:46 am

Hi Daniel,

I am using your VBA on 'outlook email from excel' which is great. I was just wondering, do you think there would be a way to use the 'delay sending' option in outlook so that it look at the date on which you wanted to send the email. Thereby automating it completely?

I have had a go but not much success. Let me know if you think this is possible!

Cheers,